1) ELIGIBILITY: The Central Pacific Bank’s Keep Hawaii Cooking (“Campaign”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of Hawaii, eighteen (18) years or older. This Campaign is void where prohibited and is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Employees of Central Pacific Bank, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to win in this Campaign.
2) SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Campaign (“Sponsor”) is Central Pacific Bank Foundation, 220 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, Member FDIC.
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Campaign begins February 12, 2023 at 1:00PM (HST) and ends February 20, 2023 at 1:00PM (HST) (the “Campaign Period”). Here’s how to enter:
500 winners will be selected at random, and receive $50 restaurant gift cards, totaling $25,000. Only one email submission per participant is allowed. Entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified in the Official Rules. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply and are your sole responsibilities. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry it deems incomplete, incoherent, illegible, inappropriate or abusive.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Official Rules (including the entry rules) during the Campaign period without prior notice. Entrants are responsible for reading and understanding the most updated Official Rules prior to the entry.
Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, lost, late, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, do not adhere to the rules or specifications, or cannot be completed due to electronic or technical difficulties, regardless of cause.
4) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: After the giveaway period, five hundred people who have completed the form will be selected at random by the last day of the Entry period – February 20, 2023. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Campaign. The number of finalists may change under the Sponsor’s discretion. The potential prize winners will be notified by the Sponsor via telephone or email (method selected at Sponsor’s discretion within seven (7) days following the end of the Entry period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Campaign. Winners have the right to decline to accept any prize they are selected to win without any obligation. Winners have seven (7) business days from the Sponsor’s calls and emails to claim their prize by calling or emailing the Sponsor back. Sponsor has 30 days to send e-gift cards to winners upon winners’ notification of acceptance. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and the Sponsor will redraw randomly among the rest eligible entries for another potential winner until a prize is claimed. Limit one (1) quarterly prize per person. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each applicable Entry Period as described in the Section 3 “How To Enter” above.
5) PRIZES: Five hundred (500) restaurant gift cards totaling $50 each will be awarded to 500 people at random. Terms and conditions may apply.
Prize money will be provided in a pre-loaded digital or physical gift card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of each winner. The prize is nontransferable. Sponsor is not liable for any technical or logistical issues with Winners’ retrieving and/or enjoying the prizes. Each winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number and the ID documentation before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each winner for the actual value of the prizes received. Each winner is responsible to acquire the necessary devices/equipment and internet access to the Form 1099.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. For joint account holders, the prize will be awarded to the primary account owner. Winner will be solely responsible for payment of any taxes and fees associated with the prize.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, image, likeness, statements concerning the Campaign, and entry for purposes of advertising, marketing and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6) TERMS & GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Campaign, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants agree that this Campaign is governed by the laws of the State of Hawaii without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. As a condition of entering the Campaign, participant agrees that: a) participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event would include attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Official Rules during the Campaign period without prior notice. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign if/when total prize distribution reaches $100,000.00, or it is not capable of running as planned and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or Sponsor’s website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same person; multiple entries from the same mobile phone or computer or the use of photo manipulations, bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or social media platform or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign (including without limitation, cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, multiple social media accounts, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor’s representatives) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify these Official Rules at any time, without cause or prior notice, and to interpret these Official Rules and make decisions regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
7) RIGHTS GRANTED BY PARTICIPANTS: By entering the Campaign, entrants grant the Sponsor and each of its affiliates the right to where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, their entries, names, portraits, pictures, voice, likeness, images, statements about the Campaign, and limited biographical information submitted for the Campaign for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. All entries and all content related thereto become the property of Sponsor, which reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Giveaway, including submissions provided by any entrant and the fact that an entrant won, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose (including without limitation informing entrants about special offers from Sponsor and/or its trusted partners) unless prohibited by law.
8) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Campaign, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, its affiliates, and all of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries, (vi) the creation of an entry including any and all claims for copyright/trademark infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation, (vi) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Campaign or participation in any Campaign or related activity.